Parks & Recreation
Follow us on Instagram @bernardstwp_parksandrec
Recreation Programs Manager
Parks & Recreation
The Bernards Township Parks & Recreation Department is responsible for:
- providing youth, adult and senior programs for a variety of interests
- planning annual special events
- management and reservation of park facilities, including athletic fields
- operation of the Coakley-Russo Memorial Golf Course and Pleasant Valley Pool
- coordinating Charter Day
Program Registration Policies & Procedures
Click Here for a complete listing of all our program registration policies and procedures, including those for our online registration system.
There is no medical insurance coverage included in your registration for any program or membership offered by Bernards Township. By participating, you agree to assume responsibility for payment of any and all medical, doctor or hospital bills resulting from any illness or injury occurring during your participation.
All cancellation requests must be emailed to email@example.com. All refunds, if applicable, will be processed by check regardless of the original method of payment and are subject to a processing fee.
- $10 processing fee for refunds of payments $300 or less.
- $20 processing fee for refunds of payments $301.00 - $700.00
- $30 processing fee for refunds of payments $700+
Somerset County Park Commission Therapeutic Recreation
The Department of Parks and Recreation has a cooperative agreement with the Somerset County Park Commission's Therapeutic Recreation (TR) Department to provide recreation and leisure opportunities for children and adults who have a developmental disability. The SCPC TR Department is dedicated to providing year round recreation and leisure opportunities for people with developmental disabilities. The goal of the TR Department is to promote an active leisure lifestyle that improves social, physical, cognitive and emotional functioning while enhancing each person's abilities in order for them to become integrated into their community.
Visit https://www.somersetcountyparks.org/therapeutic-recreation to learn more.