Departments & Services
Address: 1 Collyer Lane, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
Hours: 8:30AM – 4:30PM
- Perform the core duties of the Municipal Clerk as defined
in N.J.S.A. 40A:9-133, while at all times working in the present,
thinking in the future, maintaining high ethical standards and
remaining impartial and apolitical in dealing with public officials
- Act as the secretary to the municipal corporation and custodian
of the municipal seal and of all minutes, books, deeds, bonds,
contracts, and archival records of the municipal corporation.
- Act as secretary to the governing body, prepare meeting agendas at the
discretion of the governing body, be present at all meetings of the governing
body, keep a journal of proceedings of every meeting, retain the original
copies of all ordinances and resolutions, and record the minutes of every
- Serve as the chief administrative officer in all elections held in the
municipality, subject to the requirements of Title 19 of the Revised Statutes.
- Serve as the chief registrar of voters in the municipality, subject to
the requirements of Title 19 of the Revised Statutes.
- Serve as the administrative officer responsible for the acceptance of
applications for licenses and permits and the issuance of licenses and
permits, except where statute or municipal ordinance has delegated that
responsibility to some other municipal officer.
- Serve as coordinator and records manager responsible for implementing
local archives and records retention programs as mandated pursuant to Title
47 of the Revised Statutes.
- Perform such other duties as are now or hereafter imposed by statute,
regulation or by municipal ordinance or regulation.
Park America, www.parkamerica.net (800-523-1026)
Assistant to the Municipal Clerk
Assistant to the
Thank you for visiting our website. Please contact us whenever
an issue is important to you. The Township Committee and Administrator
depend on your thoughts and comments, to ensure that at all times
our service offerings are community driven.