Bernards Township Logo
Bernards Township - Charte#B5121b 1760
Skip Navigation Links

Departments & Services

Police - FAQs

horizontal rule
  • Q:How do I obtain a temporary handicap parking permit?
  • A:Please contact the Records Bureau at 908-766-1122 between the hours of 8:30am-4:30pm Monday through Friday. You can also access the handicap parking link that is on this website.
  • Q:How do I obtain a firearms ID card or a permit to purchase a firearm?
  • A:The application process for these items is handled through our Records Bureau. It is highly recommend that you familiarize yourself with the process by accessing the Firearms Instructions link that is on this web site.
  • Q:How do I obtain a copy of a Police Report?
  • A:You must appear in person at Police Headquarters with proper identification during regular business hours which are Monday through Friday 8:30am- 4:30pm. Some reports may require that you to fill out an Open Public Records Request. Copies of reports cost 5 cents per page. In order to expedite your request, it is suggested that you call the Records Bureau ahead of time at 908-766-1122.
  • Q:How do I obtain a copy of a Police Report after hours?
  • A:You must appear in person at headquarters during regular business hours in order to obtain reports.
  • Q:How long will it take for me to get a copy of my accident report?
  • A:You can expect to be able to obtain a copy of your accident report within 10 days of the time the accident was reported. Serious motor vehicle accident reports (serious injuries) may take longer due to investigative procedures.
  • Q:How do I pay a motor vehicle summons?
  • A:Contact the Bernards Township Municipal Court at 908-204-3110